Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    November 22, 2020 at 2:36 am

As a point of reference, I used Amatrol textbooks and trainers for my electricity courses (basics, motor controls | electronics was the only non-Amatrol electrical course). As much as I have a love-hate relationship for Amatrol, it served to teach well, despite being very dumbed down, redundant, and asking non-relevant or rather non-helpful questions. I’ll find and post photos of the trainers my campus used, later. I think what I’d like to see in an electricity course is knowing the specifics of what each contact for common electrical components do and how to wire them accordingly. For instance, multi-function time-delay relays can stump first-time learners since some courses don’t explain how the lettered functions work, or perhaps fail to detail what contacts A1/A2 + Y1 do. If building a panel for the first time, how do technicians know which components are compatible with each other and the system as a whole? The jump from intro textbooks to real world applications can be quite startling, depending on where you got your training. Sure, people can buy more books or dig all over the forums for this but it ought to be integrated in beginner textbooks that claim to be “workforce ready.”